I found I was excerpting the whole thing, so instead have a representative paragraph:
Boehner’s off-the-cuff remarks. reminded me of a long debate that I once had with a libertarian conservative, who insisted that the government couldn’t create jobs. As it went on, our discourse revealed that his arguments were based on the assumption that jobs created by government can’t really be jobs, because government jobs — and jobs created or subsidized by government — are not "real jobs," and "real jobs" are only created in the private sector. If it’s not done for profit, it’s not a "real job," and probably doesn’t need doing and shouldn’t be done in the first place.(It's really a shame I don't know proper Google-bombing protocols.)
Remember, privatizing government services and then penalizing one for not being able to afford them is the desired outcome.
2 comments:
Remember, privatizing government services and then penalizing one for not being able to afford them is the desired outcome.
That's a great way of summarizing it. I couldn't have put it better myself. It's the reason why vouchers don't work. At least not for the people receiving them. Because they don't keep up with rising costs, eventually the people receiving them won't be able to afford what the vouchers are intended to help them pay for.
Thank you!
(I think of vouchers as a species of fiat money myself.)
Post a Comment