- Dave Ettlin's Aunt Alice's birthday party. (104! Going strong!)
- Grass-roots organizing: Walk for Choice in St. Louis, via Shark-fu.
- Noli Irritare Leones's collection of information about governments in Africa (link is to part II; part I is available at the tag).
- Echidne of the Snakes on the conservative War on Women.
- Southern Beale:
Nor do I need to be lectured on morality by someone who seems to think the national budget should be balanced on the backs of middle class and low-income working people, while maintaining the wealthiest people in this country should be allowed to feast at the nation’s banquet table without paying a dime. Just three months ago he was shedding tears about the need to extend Bush-era tax cuts for America's millionaires; now he's telling us the nation is broke? Gee, I wonder how that happened.
- Driftglass (Mike Royko Chair [yes, it should probably be "Mike Royko Professor and Endowed Chair of Investigative Journalism at Northwestern," but that isn't really going to happen] at Unseen University) on the scam that is the No Labels movement.
- I'm beginning to think the Left (as a political sensibility) went wrong around the time Lenin got off that train, but I am, again, discounting the religious fervor around Socialism/Communism. In any case, and I'm not going to drag in footnotes, the history of "left" political movements parallels the history of Christianity rather closely. You could look it up.
"My hovercraft is full of eels." Political (Monty) Pythonist and baseball fanatic. Other matters as inappropriate.
Monday, February 28, 2011
Monday, Monday (Ba-daaa, ba-da-da-da)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment