Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Gristly Burrs

  • Apparently someone prank-phoned Governor Walker yesterday. Apparently he does respond to his master's voice...
    I'm struck by three things: Walker has a tremendous ego and is incredibly arrogant. This is not a humble man.

    Two: he realizes this is not about Wisconsin, this is about crushing organized labor nationally. He knows what killing collective bargaining in Wisconsin means. This was the plan. This was never about Wisconsin.

    And three: Walker's obviously seeking David Koch's approval, which speaks volumes about Koch's role in all of this. Walker might as well be saying, "I did good, didn't I, huh huh, didn't I?" He reminds me of my dog when we're playing fetch, the way she's just so eager for approval when she drops the ball at my feet.
    [...]
    And here's my question: Who the hell is David Koch's "guy on the ground" in Madison? Hello? Hello news media, the fact that Koch Industries has "a guy on the ground" should sorta tell you everything you need to know about the Tea Party!
    [Emphasis in original]
    Southern Beale is Mighty.
  • Via Shakesville and Just An Earth-Bound Misfit, the case of the now-former deputy attorney general for the state of Indiana.
  • At flip flopping joy, upset at the verdict in the trial of the killer of Brisenia Flores, but not for the reasons you'd think.  (I haven't been writing about that because Hulk smash! it just makes me furious beyond words.)
  • And Shark-fu (Angry Black Bitch) makes the case that cities and women have the right to make their own decisions.

No comments: