Monday, February 7, 2011

Latest Scare

(Actually a week old, but we're not the vanguard around here.  The vanguard is over there, either buying or being bought by AOL.  It is of no moment.  We're going to put on some cutting-edge Chuck Berry, who still cannot be defined out of rock 'n' roll.  So there.)

(Also, when I first saw the story, I'm afraid that not only did I not take it seriously, my first reaction was "What is that guy smoking?")

Republic of T, who has been posting up a storm despite the fact that according to my blogroll, he hasn't posted in three weeks--my lying eyes, of course--has put up the second of the series on drugs, prohibition, and the failure of US drug policy as seen in the panic over "bath salts."
I get that Schumer is not talking about banning bath salts so much as drugs-masquerading-as-bath-salts. And I understand the danger after reading the horror stories of people who took this stuff and either died of it or because of the hallucinations and behaviors that ensue after using it. There seems almost to be a subculture of people who know it’s not just a bath salt, and the directions on the packaging are basically a “win[k] and nod” towards the intended “off label” use.

No comments: