This State of the Union is far more than a speech…it’s a test to see how all parties involved plan to move forward toward the 2012 elections. So, I’m looking to see what the President says…how the GOP responds, ‘cause they’ll need to take care not to fall into their usual dour faced Party of No pitch for gridlock as a cure for what ills us…
Angry Black Bitch, Shark-fu
…and I’ll be listening carefully to the Tea Party response and whether their Congressional spokesperson will present them as a movement within the GOP or publicly announce that the house to the right is divided.
I don't think I'll have the stomach for it. For one thing, I'm sure it will be a nauseating exercise in capitulation and selling out. Pretty much like what we've witnessed over the last two years. The WH says the primary focus will be on jobs - yet there will be no word from Obama, or from Democrats and Republicans alike, on curtailing the exodus of American jobs and production.
Mills River Progressive, Anna van Z
This is the topic none of them will address (except for Bernie Sanders, bless his heart). That's because the folks our lawmakers REALLY represent - Wall Street, the investor class, and the absurdly rich - profit immensely from the outsourcing and the off-shoring of American industry. This is why Wall Street has had the best year since 1939. This is why the richest Americans are richer than ever, while record unemployment persists, while millions have lost their homes, and while our income has declined - along with our ability to pay for even minimal health care or send our kids to college.
"My hovercraft is full of eels." Political (Monty) Pythonist and baseball fanatic. Other matters as inappropriate.
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Two Approaches to the State of the Union Address
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment