Yes. That's right. One of the wealthiest financial firms in the country is making more money every time another poor individual or family has to struggle to make ends meet by using food stamps. I would not be surprised to learn that the contracts were a result of budget cuts at the state level, eliminating the jobs of people in state human services departments who formerly did that work. It seems like adding insult to profiteering when someone in West Virginia or Pennsylvania, or any other state whose programs Morgan Chase administers, has to reach a call center on a different continent to ask about problems with their food stamps. I hope those calls are all on toll-free numbers.
"My hovercraft is full of eels." Political (Monty) Pythonist and baseball fanatic. Other matters as inappropriate.
Sunday, January 23, 2011
I'm Not the Only One
Fiddler at Obsidian Wings: "Paging Charles Dickens."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment