Wednesday, November 3, 2010

UH-oh!

So in Bible study this evening (which, as usual, got sidetracked, but that is part of its charm), somehow we got onto Our Lady of Fatima and one of the visions of one (two?) of the children.

They were shown a vision of souls tormented in hell, and instructed that these were souls whom no one had prayed for and to pray for those who had no one to pray for them.

I didn't know that.

I have been praying for those who have no one to pray for them during what I call the free prayer period (yes, I'm aware there's probably an actual name.  I'm having a braino right now, OK?) for a few months now.  Sometimes, if I don't, someone else does.  I don't remember hearing the phrase before.  It...just sort of came to me, and I was thinking mostly about the homeless.

Something larger than myself.  OK.

4 comments:

lisahgolden said...

I like that: Something larger than myself.

Daisy Deadhead said...

Have you read "Red Hat" by Ralph McInerney? (name probably spelled wrong) "Windswept House" by Malachi Martin? (foretold the priest/pedophile crisis several years in advance) You might enjoy these books; Sister Lucia is an element of lots of right-wing end-times conspiracy theories, probably because of the October 1917/Russian Revolution connection. She currently seems to be sequestered, but I'd love to read/see an interview with her!

There is also a great section about Fatima in ENCOUNTERING MARY by Sandra L. Zimdars-Swartz (highly recommended!)

I was greatly obsessed with Fatima, Lourdes, Medjugorje (etc) for about a decade.

You know the actual crown of Our Lady of Fatima contains the bullet removed from JPII? He put it there himself. Is that awesome or what? :)

D. said...

Goodness.

I know I have something (The New Jerusalem?) by Malachi Martin, but after a while his prose gets annoying, or at least it got up my nose in the '80s.

(Sister Lucia died in 2005. I'll have to check out the books you mention; I don't think I've encountered them. Yet.)

Daisy Deadhead said...

Did not know Sister Lucia had died, proves I've been waaay out of the loop of Marian Obsession since about 2003 or so. (I used to know everything!)

I am upset we never did get that direct interview with her... :(

The Blessed Mother also showed up in Conyers, GA and was pretty popular there for awhile (of all places), but I never went myself. (know several people who did) Lots of Sister's Lucia's fans went to Conyers.

I'll tell you what's scary is Malachi Martin's HOSTAGE TO THE DEVIL, at least it was when I was a True Believer... Stephen King could learn from him! Scared the shit out of me. Supposedly the basis for "The Exorcist" but I found it a lot more disturbing than any horror movie.

Windswept House would make a great mini-series!