- Stuff invented in Oakland, CA (and stuff that wasn't): The Wave (sorry, metsgrrl), the fortune cookie folding machine, fantasy football, et al.
- Glenn Smith at Firedoglake asks the question that's been bugging me for years: "Why the Fear and Loathing?" (via The Sideshow)
I don’t buy the standard line that the anger is all about economic worries. I have economic worries, too, and they haven’t led me to hate brown people or black people or city people or educated people.
- Via Making Light, the BNP brought low in part by marmite.
- The dangers and lesson of "put[ting] two fingers up once too often." (via Oursin at Dreamwidth.)
Of course, at 49, I am not the same person I was at 16. The older you get, the more you realise that the complexities of life are unknown territory to the teenage mind: this is not a defence, more a belated plea of mitigation. The past may be another country, where things were done differently, yet even at 16, I knew I had done something terribly wrong.
(I do know how to blurb, I do I do!)
- Ta-Nehisi Coates on "The Cops We Deserve." He has examples. (I'd just like to say that I think I deserve better cops than that, and probably so do you.)
- ETA: Orcinus is back from
the gravesuspended animation!
"My hovercraft is full of eels." Political (Monty) Pythonist and baseball fanatic. Other matters as inappropriate.
Monday, November 8, 2010
Monday, Monday (Ba-daaa, ba-da-da-da)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment