On the other hand this belongs here.
Someone on my prowls brought up A Face in the Crowd. (Name to be added when I find that again.) True, very true, and more difficult now to root out because that stuff is all tape-delayed. (Although I also believe that "standards" only repel the worst of this kind of "entertainer." "Standards" was also the network euphemism for "Censor.")We once had rules, enforced by priests—by an elite comprised of people like Murrow. No, that wasn’t a perfect system. But now, the democratization of media has given us a loud, inane, morning zoo jock—a man by the name of Beck. And we have no national press corps which is willing to apply old standards to such low-grade practitioners.
One of the mercies of not having a TV is that I never see any of this crap.
Also, St. Louis should clinch tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment