Tuesday, March 10, 2009

This is a Watchbird Watching You

So I've seen Watchmen.  (Matinee prices are my friend.)  And I'll have to see it again, probably on DVD where I can mute the sound and fast-forward.  Somebody commented (and I wish I could remember where) "Would you like to see graphic representations of murder, rape, or [something]?" and I can now say, "Have you seen Watchmen?"

I read that at least ten-fifteen years ago.  It says something (probably embarrassing) that the only thing I could remember was the scene with Rorschach in jail.

Yes, every so often there was a scene that looked like a frame from the graphic novel.  Yes, I was very impressed by the sealed-off subway tunnel.  Yes, I thought the [spoiler] folder was unnecessary; I also think that that character (almost spoiled ya!  Ha!) was very much coded as a '50s villain.  There is also a fight scene during which the heroine's high-heeled boots are actually flats.  (You try fighting in high-heeled boots.  Honey.)

I don't get to too many movies lately.  (Money and dearth of intelligent product.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of movies, see Slumdog Millionaire if you haven't already. Sdee it twice, even.

D. said...

Hmmmmm... That's actually still playing in three local theatres. Possible.