Monday, March 23, 2009

400

This is the 400th post here.  (That would be Thermopylae plus Cain's Hundred.)

We're two weeks from the baseball season, 2.5 and a half weeks from Passover, three weeks from Easter.  

I am not carrying on about spring training because one year my team did Really Spectacularly Well in spring matches and then proceeded to compile a losing record for April/May (I don't think that was a playoff year).  My attitude is that since it doesn't count, spring training and exhibition games (unless for local bragging rights) should be occasions to Get The Losing Out Of Their Systems.  Not to say they should contrive to lose, but the Grapefruit/Cactus League standings don't really correlate with the end-of-regular season standings.  Better a team lose every game in pre-season and study their losses than win every preseason game and stink up the meaningful 162.

There does not seem to be a matzo shortage this year; I'm thinking of getting a box.

Easter will be special this year.  I'm setting feet firmly on the Journey to God path (I'll still be less than reverent.  I'm not becoming a creationist or intelligent design advocate.  And I'm not interested in arguing; I don't do it well, I don't have that kind of time, and most people are only in it for the gotcha.  Those folks can play with themselves).

I avoided the RaceFail09 discussions (except for a couple pieces of meta), but Rydra Wong's collection of links supplies the source materials in (more or less) one place in approximate chronological order.

When I started this, I wasn't going to get into politics.  Odd how that worked out, eh?

There was something else, but I don't remember what. Besides, if I talk up Trader Joe's broccoli slaw, they'll discontinue it.  So much for statements of purpose.  Where's my super-suit?

No comments: