Meanwhile, Jurassicpork spotted an open letter from a manufacturer on craigslist and responded with a few of the realities of jobhunting in the twenty-first century. (All that stuff one might suggest he try? He's tried it already.) Most unemployed people would prefer working, but employers are shutting out as many as they can through interlocking (and unrealistic) requirements. Also, they're still discriminating.
Bipartisan banker pampering, or Wall Street might someday get the traditional wet-noodle lashing. Maybe. Power and disillusionment and Mr. Biden. One of the very few areas where it is true that "both sides do it." (Senator Feinstein isn't really all that liberal, though she must seem so to the rightward-leaning.)
And according to Ta-Nehisi Coates, Tucker Carlson is flogging a video that he already reported on in 2007. ETA: Jesse Curtis is On the Case:
I'm glad to see a video like this. I sure hope Obama was angry, and I hope he's still angry. If you're not angry about racial injustice, I have trouble trusting you. If you're not angry, I'm not sure how to relate to you. I understand that many of us have not had the experiences necessary to open our eyes. I can respect that. But these men take it upon themselves to explain the truth to millions of people. They have audiences of millions, and as such their responsibility is heavy. Yet all they know to do is demand that everyone see the world exactly as they do. These men are not necessarily bad, nor are they necessarily stupid, but they have to be one or the other.The conservative pundits keep promising the Bogeyman, but all they seem to produce is mouse corpses.
No comments:
Post a Comment