Monday, August 13, 2012

Ten Billion Butterfly Sneezes

Laundry first, though.

OK.
  •  There's been a shooting at Texas A & M.  Still awaiting those aliens...
  • In memoriam:
  • Phoenix Woman cites Paul Krugman on Paul Ryan.
  • Sappho at Noli Irritare Leones on Demisexuality.
  • s. e. smith at Tiger Beatdown on the ID problem. (I have been singularly fortunate in that I do have papers and have not (except informally) changed my name, but my birth certificate is ancient and paper and I'm afraid to touch it now.)
  • [Highly harsh language warning] Jurassicpork is Rude about Jamie Dimon (and banksters generally)
  • Southern Beale on proposed changes at Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA).  With reminder:
    We need to have a little chat about the Tennessee Valley Authority, aka, TVA (and by the way, on a “you didn’t build that” note? If you live in the seven-state Tennessee Valley region — almost all Red States, let me add — you are enjoying cheap power made possible by every taxpayer in the US of A. If you’ve got a factory or a business? You didn’t build that. Think VW or Nissan would open a factory here if we didn’t have a ready and reliable supply of cheap power? Yeah, seems the free market fairies didn’t have any incentive to wave their magic wands over this part of the country and bring flood control and electricity to the hicks and hayseeds here. It took that Commie Franklin D. Roosevelt and the U.S. Congress to do that. So suck on that one, why don’t you.
  • I forgot to credit Mills River Progressive as the source of the Naked Capitalism piece on Ayn Rand and her swoon over a serial killer.  (There's an article in Wikipedia on said killer, if you want the history.)
  • I am slowly getting the hang of just clicking once on the URL and copying it.  Triple-clicking is a habit I got into back in the '90s because one had to.  Go Lion!
  • Yes, I've been listening to a lot of Moody Blues and Bruce Springsteen.  Deal.

No comments: