Saturday I did not get up at oh-dark-hundred hours to be at the traditional park for the traditional Morris-dance greeting of the sun. I did laundry at a reasonable hour (it won't do itself; that's been tried) and then made my way to the house of some friends who are expecting a baby in a couple of weeks for prayer and blessing. The newborn may end up at a ball game in a couple of months; there's a sweater.
Yesterday was Father Seamus' 35th anniversary (as a priest) and the church was packed. I wished I'd been rude and gotten a shot of six priests and a deacon at the altar--you don't see that any more. Fr. S was wearing the vestments his aunt had made for his first Mass. I have verbal permission to post this picture:
(35 years ago, according to the photos on display in the entranceway, he looked rather like Tom Selleck.)
Aaaaaaaand I forgot about the Oakland Museum of California, which reopened this weekend, but I decided that should get its own posting elsewhere, so I did.
(35 years ago, according to the photos on display in the entranceway, he looked rather like Tom Selleck.)
Aaaaaaaand I forgot about the Oakland Museum of California, which reopened this weekend, but I decided that should get its own posting elsewhere, so I did.


No comments:
Post a Comment