Thursday, September 6, 2012

A Medley of Extemporanea

So the Democratic National Convention ends this evening and then I can concentrate on baseball (the stupid widget doesn't work this year, so I actually have to go to MLB.com, which is Entirely Too Much like going into a department store on December 23rd, what with all the videos and the stories about players and the various pronouncements, and that's not taking in team statistics and player statistics and past team statistics and retired player statistics and -- OK, OK.  I really want one-stop standings like a newspaper page.  How retro), since teams are falling by the wayside by now.  Which is to say that at 42-95, Houston is giving the snowball in hell a run for its money.  No one has clinched yet, though.

I'm going to have to add Naked Capitalism to the blogroll simply in self-defense; everybody else links to them.  Mills River Progressive linked to this article by Ian Welsh, in which basic economic facts are set forth one by one.  Time to call the Uh-oh! squad.

You think I'm kidding.

I have mentioned it twice before, but Minnesota's voter ID law is going to cost serious money (and of course will not stop non-existent voter fraud).  Think of it as using stacks of money to swat the Red-Sequinned Blue-Booted Fly.  Via Mercury Rising.

Southern Beale reports that hackers have allegedly broken into PricewaterhouseCoopers and stolen next year's Oscar winners Mr. Romney's tax returns, which they are holding for ransom.  It's probably a hoax.

Obviously a bad case of lucroencephaly, or Money on the Brain...

No comments: