- On the absentee ballot for the primaries, one of the candidates for a state office--one of the Republican candidates--was Orly Taitz. Let me just say that if she turns up on the ballot in the general election I will have one more reason to think less of Republicans than I do of cockroaches. (As to what I think of cockroaches, I am a New Yorker. 'Nuff said.)
- Why you have to question the premises of surveys and polls. The phrasing of the inquiry/statement matters.
- Hypocrisy as a good: "...say what you will of hypocrisy, at least it leaves open the possibility of an ethos." Via Making Light. Scott Horton on the President's Kill List.
- Scott Horton poses 6 questions to Jesselyn Radack, former ethics advisor; she cites a case you may remember:
I then advised that the tainted interrogation should not be used against him in a criminal prosecution. Again my advice was disregarded, and it later disappeared from the office file while the Justice Department was under a court order to produce it.
- Homeowner's Revolt.
- Scott Walker under criminal investigation.
- Higher education in California imperiled by budget cuts.
"My hovercraft is full of eels." Political (Monty) Pythonist and baseball fanatic. Other matters as inappropriate.
Saturday, June 2, 2012
Scatterbrained Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment