- Mills River Progressive excerpted an Andy Borowitz piece about Rick Perry's proposal to repeal the 20th century that you might want to read. [/deadpan]
- Via skippy, the five reasons one should not elect Ron Paul President, complete with a comment (in two parts) from a libertarian and Prof. Hutchinson's refutation.
- Two from Comrade Misfit: "Republicans Get the Vapors (with bonus Jon Stewart video)" because eliminationist rhetoric is supposed to be reserved to the "right" (and voting people out is only eliminationist if being out of office = death); and "Tombstone Courage," in case you missed the story of the Republican operative who has turned. Scroll down 1 page length.
- Some interesting musings on the cognitive neuroscience involved in tendencies to liberalism and conservatism: "Your Brain on Politics." Not definitive.
- Via Scott Horton at Harper's: The evolution of the C.I.A. from intelligence gathering and analysis to counter-terrorism army. It's a multipage report, and scarier than Stephen King (I expect I'm the last to know).
- Remember Congressional junkets? Nikki Haley goes retro!
- (Hmmmmm...if losing an election meant death to the loser, does that mean that Newt Gingrich and Rudolph Giuliani are...zombies? [All together now: It would explain so much.])
"My hovercraft is full of eels." Political (Monty) Pythonist and baseball fanatic. Other matters as inappropriate.
Wednesday, September 7, 2011
Yeah, I'm On a Regular Tear. Deal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment