Friday, June 17, 2011

Potpourri for 500

  • Maybe I was the only person to think it funny (in that the similarities are many) that Mötley Crüe and Die Walküre were playing a block from each other on the same night.  Although I would doubt that Mark Delavan had a bus parked out back.  (Nikki Sixx did, but I didn't get a picture.)
  • What's really getting cut with Medicaid budget cuts is care.  Republic of T is on the case.
    None of these numbers look like a death sentence. But when it comes to Medicaid, and beneficiaries who will likely have nowhere else to turn if their benefits are lost, it comes down to a choice between providing care and not providing care.
  • The news not covered because the jokes just tell themselves:
    Sandbags and berms -- and a wing and a prayer. That is a nuclear plant right here at home. Oh, and by the way, you haven't heard a peep about the Fukushima nuclear plant in Japan, lately, have you? After all, what is a nuclear plant meltdown in terms of newsworthiness compared to a Congressman's salacious tweets?
    From Brilliant at Breakfast.
  • Techno Confront!  (Just an Earth-Bound Misfit, I)

No comments: