- Tennessee defunds Planned Parenthood; Southern Beale waxes wroth.
I also find this attack on poor women very odd. I find it very telling that the so-called “pro-life” movement is spending its money on a message war with racist billboards instead of helping women get healthcare. Sorry if we’re a little jaded over here but it’s not like you people gave a damn about minorities before, except to treat them like criminals.
[...]
Look, I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: we need some nationwide Lysistrata action. If the men of this country are going to run around crowing about how great it is that women have less access to reproductive health services, then maybe no nookie, okay? Sex leads to babies and STDs and the need for birth control and a good number of services that Planned Parenthood provides so maybe we just won’t put out until you stop taking away our access to these services. - Comrade Misfit (Just An Earth-Bound Misfit, I) and Cookie Jill (skippy the bush kangaroo) on Scott Walker's move to throttle small craft beer brewers. I do not like beer at all, but even I know that Large-Corporate-Made beer is unflavored swill, and that large corporations Do Not Like Competition.
- Imagining gender reversal in the Weiner case.
... It was plain old lousy, dumb, nerdy, unmerited, creepy vanity that made him take pictures of what he thought was his handsome virile self and send those pictures to women he didn’t know personally in order to feed his sense of unparallelled perfection.
That’s not somebody we need on our side. He’s on nobody’s side but his own. - The oral history of The National Sports Daily, which came out for a year just before the Internet would have made it viable, maybe (and which I used to pick up at Penn Station on my way either to or from work almost every day).
"My hovercraft is full of eels." Political (Monty) Pythonist and baseball fanatic. Other matters as inappropriate.
Saturday, June 11, 2011
One if by Land, Two if by Sea; That Would Be Lights.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment