Saturday, May 14, 2011

Well. There It Is

  • Via Digby via Southern Beale, Rand Paul goes off (it's difficult to discuss Rand Paul without falling into ablist language.  Really).  With video.  
  • And speaking of ablist language, Comrade Misfit gets at a flaw in libertarian logic.
    Paul exposes the ground-level logic fault of Libertarian/Randist ideology, which is that businesses will do the right thing because doing the wrong thing will cost them business and their reputation. Right.
     (There are others.)
  • Sen. McCain on torture.  Also via Comrade Misfit, who said:
    Torture was illegal before 9-11, it was illegal while the Bush Administration authorized the use of torture, and it has been illegal since then. McCain has also waffled in the past on whether it would be permissible for the CIA to torture people, although that 2008 position may have been part of his general whoring-out to the wingnuts during his failed campaign.

    The use of torture was and is a crime, both under U.S. law and international law. It should be prosecuted. And some day, it will be.
  • Pennsylvania judge.  Via The Way the Future Blogs.

2 comments:

Daisy said...

Yeah, Rand takes the best of daddy and turns it into.. well, something Randian. ;)

I try to imagine the interesting conversations they must have; I personally believe he performs like this to get dad's attention and/or outperform dad... its very David/Jack Cassidy! Notice it's always after dad gets a lot of attention.

Daddy didn't give affection/ And the boy was something that mommy wouldn't wear... ...which you may not know is now regarded as RETRO rock... as I wrote today. (gasp)

But seriously, there is something going on there I find quite fascinating...

Daisy said...

Sorry, I posted under the Brunhilde account again. (This should show my feminist cred, posting a Wagneresque photo that is 40 lbs heavier, okay?)