Sunday, May 1, 2011

Shooting Back

Noli Irritare Leones expands on the posting by Jesse Taylor at Pandagon on Donald Trump further earning disdain:
And, yes, I take this kind of crap personally; if you’re convinced that Obama couldn’t possibly have made it through the Ivy League without some special affirmative action accomodation to his presumably lesser intelligence, I’m inclined to believe you’ll be thinking the same thing about my friends and family. One of my college exes graduated from Stanford and went on to Juilliard, where he was recognized as Most Outstanding Theater Student the year he graduated (and went on from there to a career few could match). If you think Obama can’t possibly have managed Columbia, Harvard, and president of the Harvard Law Review on his own merits, why shouldn’t I expect you might think the same of my ex, whom I damn well know to have earned his way? Why not the same about my college friends George, Brenda, Cyndi, Sharon, and Donna, every darn one of whom showed that he or she belonged at Stanford just as much as I did? And why not the same about my own nephews and nieces, when they venture out in the world, and sometimes, on their own merits, get into a school or get a job that a white person doesn’t get?

No comments: