I mentioned a while back that this year was the 25th anniversary of "We Are The World" and promptly spaced the release date, and of course the remake for Haiti took up a lot of available sound space. In that time the 9-part "Making of" feature has been taken down, although there are still pieces floating around on YouTube (most notably, one in which one of the parties identified with the segment says two words, tops, and the one in which Cyndi Lauper is informed of the rattling of her jewelry), but the Original is still up. (Linked but not embedded to spare your ears, Daisy.)
And actually, one of the interesting things about the video and recording is who isn't there. I don't recognize everyone, several people appeared without any credit other than the signature on the giant poster, and the video is fuzzy. And I wouldn't expect Todd Rundgren.
No comments:
Post a Comment