Airline to charge for carry-on luggage.
Now. I don't know about "normal" people. My luggage is only checked under protest. Seriously. My bags go with me. Never mind the ancient horror story about an airline that lost a friend's checked suitcase between Niagara Falls and New York City. The simple incontrovertible fact of the matter is that lugging my baggage subtracts one hour from the flight; specifically, the wait at the carousel for one's grips, guitar, and other appliances.
(I recognize that in certain ways, this is a privilege thing; my mother transports a walker and a sizable suitcase. I mostly dress down and unornamented; comfort trumps aesthetic every time.)
And I am let's say frugal; but I will not be flying on Spirit Airlines. Ever.
ETA: I got this article via John Scalzi's Whateverettes and forgot that was the source (I have MarketWatch, but I wasn't checking it that day).
No comments:
Post a Comment