- Paul Krugman excerpted by Janet Allon at AlterNet (because I have only one free article left at the New York Times until February and someone might die):
People tend to forget the extent to which the last Republican administration was also characterized by cronyism, the appointment of unqualified but well-connected people to key positions. It wasn’t as extreme as what we’re seeing now, but it was striking at the time. Remember “Brownie, you’re doing a heck of a job”? And it caused very real damage.
- The top ten projections of "evil Obama plots" right-wingers may attempt to enact themselves (well, except the one about invading Texas, which was silly even for them. Bogart [in Casablanca] has already issued the warning about invading New York) listed in AlterNet.
- A brief entry on non-violence and clocking the Nazi, which led to
- "On the Propriety of Punching Nazis, An FAQ"
But isn’t this sinking to their level?
That depends. After you punch the Nazi, do you espouse the tenets of National Socialism?
No.
Then you’re better than a Nazi. - I know that someone, somewhere is altering the lyrics to the Smiths' "Panic" to say "Punch a Nazi," so here's a link to the video so you can do that competently.
- (I am not including the Nazi-clocking video.)
"My hovercraft is full of eels." Political (Monty) Pythonist and baseball fanatic. Other matters as inappropriate.
Sunday, January 22, 2017
Because I'm Supposed to be Out Getting Fresh Air, That's Why!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
They say violence never solved anything, but we didn't beat Hitler with witty rejoinders.
Can I borrow that for the side panel?
Post a Comment