After looking at the contradictory crapola (yes, that is the technical term) about the Ozymandian wall Trump is talking about erecting on the Mexican border (and how it will supposedly be paid for, and labor logistics [which Robin Williams covered in the Weapons of Self-Destruction show when the wall-wannabuilder was Arnold Schwarzenegger], and whether it will be effective [see East Berlin and East Germany], and the impact on our relations with Mexico [
which are stiff right now], and
what it might look like), I realized that the wall is a combination of Egyptian pyramids and "Well, he made the trains run on time."
(Aside to those who end up working on the wall, if that happens: I suggest the Penelope option. It's in the
Odyssey, which is a cracking good fantasy adventure [complete with giant] in which the lady uses a novel [then] device to stave off
men after her wealth suitors [no spoilers. go read it]. I suggest adapting the tactic to the situation. Oh, and
form or join a union.)
And then I thought "Wait. Who said that about Mussolini? Was that even true?"
Um, no.
Not really.
Short version: No.
Fascism is lies
all the way down.
No comments:
Post a Comment