...as I was leaving church this morning after the Mass, there were a few people outside in front and a guy from the City writing citations for parking in front of the church.
The curb in front of the church (and the adjacent building, which contains the parish hall) is painted white, which is supposed to indicate that parking is permitted during church services. Apparently nobody told this guy. He wrote up the two cars parked there (one of which turned out to be the celebrant's) even though the pastor came out (bare feet, sweatshirt, plaid pj trousers) to explain and remonstrate. Father S finally declared "You have no respect for the law!" And the guy finished writing the citations and drove off in one of those green vehicles with the steering on the right.
I have suggested to the other witnesses and to one of the drivers that there are enough witnesses to go to Parking Violations (or whatever it's called) to fight the tickets (yes, I know the city is hard up for money. The city does not need to go after people legally parked to get that money), and I hope they take me up on that, although not if I have a temp job that day.
Which reminds me...
No comments:
Post a Comment