- The deficit is actually shrinking, with charts and numbers.
Once again, because it might be hard to register due to the drumbeat of deficit-scare propaganda, this is a fact: the deficit is falling at the fastest rate since the end of World War II. It is down 50 percent as a percent of GDP just since Bush’s huge $1.4 trillion fiscal 2009 deficit. And the deficit is projected to be stable for a decade.
- Historical things about class.
- What did I say?
...[I]t does raise some general questions about a possible relationship between the tone of anti-gay rhetoric and the identities of those who engage in such high-octane language on same sex attraction.
All together now: Gee, ya think? - Found it! Georgel Lakoff on why the right likes the sequester.
Moreover, ultra-conservatives do not see all the ways in which they, and other ultra-conservatives, rely all day every day on what other Americans have supplied for them. They actually believe that they built it all by themselves.
- ETA: Racism & sexism are drains on the economy. Chauncey DeVega explains.
"My hovercraft is full of eels." Political (Monty) Pythonist and baseball fanatic. Other matters as inappropriate.
Wednesday, February 27, 2013
References
There's an essay shambling into view over the horizon (flee! Flee for your lives!) and it's going to need *shudder* footnotes and *big shudder* research, so since AlterNet was rich in links today, I thought I'd put them here, where I might find them again. Besides, my copy of The Age of Revolution should turn up Any Day Now. (*guffaw*) Also the weird article claiming "morality" as a conservative motivation is around here somewhere...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment