Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Surreal Estate

Yeah, another dream.

A man with some kind of t-shirt over his head grabs my fist as I'm passing and attempts to coerce sex.  I refuse and fight loose.  The man turns out to be a middle-aged clergy person (cross between Geoffrey Rush, John Wood, and Alan Rickman), and we have a meal, walk about and talk (I do not remember any of the conversation), and eventually end up on First Avenue (in Manhattan; teens and 20s), where I leave him.  There are cats lying around, one quite large.  I set off toward home (which meant north) and a largeish bushy gray cat crosses my path.  It gets dark and I remember that it will be getting cold and I didn't bring a jacket.  But it turns out I'm wearing shades, just as I'm trying to cross First Avenue.  (Whew!)  Having crossed, I walk up a couple of blocks, then head crosstown and find myself going through a sanitation yard with odd robotic machines and the sun is quite bright.

At which point I woke up.  And wrote it down pretty immediately, so that all I lost was the conversation and why I thought I was at Stuyvesant Polyclinic.

2 comments:

Daisy Deadhead said...

"To dream of a grey cat means to be guided by your dreams."

From-- http://opossumsally.homestead.com/Legends/CatDream.html

D. said...

Hey! You've been missed in these parts!

I don't usually have cats in my dreams, let alone grey ones. The cats may have been trying to tell me I could move back to New York. Or, y'know, beware of clergymen.