Tuesday, November 27, 2012

All His Sins Remembered

Back in 2008 or some distant past, either I or Avedon discovered Bruce Bartlett and mentioned him to the other because he seemed to make sense for a conservative and then there was this election and we kind of forgot about him.

(People of the "left" do not think about people of the "right" nearly as much as people on the "right" seem to think.)

This is where he's been.
I’ve paid a heavy price, both personal and financial, for my evolution from comfortably within the Republican Party and conservative movement to a less than comfortable position somewhere on the center-left. Honest to God, I am not a liberal or a Democrat. But these days, they are the only people who will listen to me. When Republicans and conservatives once again start asking my opinion, I will know they are on the road to recovery.
I got that link from Driftglass, who lets Messrs. Bartlett and Sullivan have it with both barrels.
Honestly, what can you say about someone who has salvaged his own career as a Fearless, Truth-Waving Conservative by frantically bootlegging virtually the entire Liberal critique of Conservatism while at the same time maintaining his media credentials by joining the media embargo on acknowledging that Liberals even exist?
AlterNet's Alex Kane summarizes for those who don't want to read the actual article.

And Melissa McEwan at Shakesville suggests that absolving the man of prior opinions may be premature.

No More Mister Nice Blog has some good links, too, although not to Mr. Bartlett.

No comments: