Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Ahead of the Curveball

About 5 days ago I noticed that a congressman was criticizing his opponent for being a veteran.

I thought that was strange. Not because I'd forgotten about the smearing of Max Cleland or John Kerry, but because that's not usually the way those smears have worked.

No, apparently the veteran mentions her service too often for the congressman's taste.

Poooor baaaby.

And I admit to being sufficiently intrigued that I looked him up in both Wikipedia and the Congressional Biographical Directory, which is incredibly handy, and, wouldn't you know? He never served.

Never. Served.

In other words, the veteran out-butched and out-patrioted him and therefore Made Him Look Bad.

I wasn't going to say that. Sorry.

However, someone who has a far better flamethrower than I did.

That is, yes, Elizabeth Moon. Via . Joe Walsh (not the singer/songwriter) running against Tammy Duckworth. (I have not forgotten about last year's unpleasantness.)


[crossposted]

No comments: