- I can't link to the Sideshow until the display problem is fixed, but today's entry is worth your time.
...it's a reminder that Americans - yes! even Republicans! - have a lot of agreement with movement liberals on some crucial issues. Instead of railing against Republicans, it's time to learn to talk to our countrymen.
I admit, sometimes, I lose patience. (Noooooooo!) Because I keep thinking I'm talking to rational people and they're throwing coils of barbed wire on the floor. - Doghouse Riley on the media's narrative and why it should not be believed or trusted.
This is precisely what happened in '96 with Bob Dole, and last time 'round with the "moderate" and Press favorite emeritus-turned-geezer John McCain. Movement "conservative" candidates have been uniformly short of brainpower since Ronald Reagan picked up the Goldwater mantle. The Press refuses to say so. The only time Palin was called a ninny four years ago is when Peggy Noonan and Chuck Todd thought their mikes were off. We went though eight years of Obvious Obliviousness of George W. Bush; Weisberg made some bucks on the man's foolish utterances, but only after 2000, when America was informed (as it will be again, shortly), that this made Ol' Dubya just our kind. Strange? This is what the Republican party has been since 1980.
- Stacey Campfield scandal watch. Southern Beale keeps us informed.
"My hovercraft is full of eels." Political (Monty) Pythonist and baseball fanatic. Other matters as inappropriate.
Saturday, February 4, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment