>> Verizon's annualized revenues in 2011 are $108 billion, with net profits of $6 billion. The concessions demanded from workers equal about $1 billion, working out to an approximate $20,000 per family, per year. Many of these concessions concern health benefits and pensions, benefits promised to workers.I suppose I could pay my bill late...
>> Verizon paid no taxes last year and in fact received a $1.3 billion-dollar TAX REBATE!
>> The top five Verizon executives earned $258 million over the past four years.
"My hovercraft is full of eels." Political (Monty) Pythonist and baseball fanatic. Other matters as inappropriate.
Thursday, August 18, 2011
In Support
Daisy has a post up about the 45,000 workers at Verizon who've gone on strike. (The CWA was the union my brother belonged to.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
THANKS FOR LINKING! The strike hasn't been covered by too many bloggers, which surprised me.
You're welcome. You got a statement from the union!
I suspect that I can guess why there hasn't been more coverage by a lot of bloggers, and it saddens me.
Post a Comment