Sunday, April 10, 2011

Klaxon

Anna van Z at Mills River Progressive:  Are you as disgusted as I am?
Instead of making banksters pay, instead of insisting that huge corporations pay some taxes, YOUR REPRESENTATIVES HAVE DECIDED THAT YOU ARE GOING TO END UP WITH NOTHING. No break on your student loans for you! No help with your mortgage for you! No bailouts for you! No big tax rebates for you! No Pell grants for you or your kids! And the utter mess of so-called "healthcare reform" touted by the Dems, features as its centerpiece MAKING YOU BUY PLANS from corporate health insurance providers! With no rate caps! This is their great fucking plan! Are you kidding me?

And now they want to take your Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security. "Because we're broke".

I don't know what it takes for most of y'all out there to wake the hell up and DO something - even if it's just calling these asswipe congressional reps every damn day - but I suggest we get it in gear NOW. Because by the time 2012 rolls around, things are going to be way, WAY grimmer for 98.5% of us. And you know I'm right. It's time to take a stand, folks. Now is the time.
Turn off the reality TV shows and Fox and --

Oh, right. Americans and History; total strangers. Well. History is about to bitchslap us about, and short of a revolution we will have to take it.  You ready for a revolution?

As Shark-fu would say, *cue crickets*.

No comments: