Milwaukee Journal Sentinel: Wisconsin budget, item by item.
Also [paragraph 14, under the picture of the woman in the red suit, contains irrelevant gratuitous sexism ], Walker packed his budget address with ringers. And I don't mean bells.
ETA: via adsartha on Dreamwidth.
EFTA: I am advised in comment that there is sexist language in the Abe Sauer article. It's in the paragraph under the photo of the woman in the red suit (Lt. Gov. Rebecca Kleefisch). That paragraph is almost completely (except for taking place in the Assembly room at the Capitol) irrelevant to the story and out of place. (Mr. Sauer would probably disagree.)
At the moment, though, Mr. Sauer's is the eyewitness account that's available. I expect The Isthmus to have something later, since one of their reporters was there, and ACLU Madison reports on testimony (both are Twitter links). Comments to this article on the Daily Page of The Isthmus (scroll down to Chris Lapp's comment) allude to the supporters and the tunnel. Here's a link to the video of Walker's speech. It's in several parts. Not such a hot job of showing the galleries.
So I will be placing a warning above, for the time being, and switching out the link when I get a better one.
3 comments:
Any possibility of linking to a *different* story about the ringers? Abe's story has a disgustingly sexist section, where he criticizes a female politician for being ambitious and says her talking to other politicians is just like her being a "brothel madame". Gross!
Let me check. The stuff I saw about gallery-packing was mostly rumor that it might happen.
See EFTA. I hope someone else does this story, but apparently, it got picked up by Boing Boing.
It's almost as though that paragraph was inserted later...though that's idiot conspiracy theory talking.
Post a Comment