Thursday, July 15, 2010

"Clap for Tinkerbell Tax Cuts!"

There was stuff on the economy that I wanted to post, but I've forgotten where it is.  Oh well.

Meanwhile, Republic of T writes on Mitch McConnell and conservative/Republican tax-cut dogma.
McConnell and his fellow conservatives may believe that the Bush tax cuts cost us nothing. But there are some beliefs that do not deserve the kind of walking-on-eggshells deference we tend to afford matters of personal faith.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not the kid of person who goes out of his way to demolish, say, a kid’s belief in Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy. However, a grown man who holds beliefs that belong in the same category Santa, the Tooth Fairy, and leprechauns — especially one who seeks to base policy on such beliefs — deserves neither deference nor kid-glove treatment.

2 comments:

lisahgolden said...

Paul Krugman wrote about this myth today. He even had charts! I know it's silly to base opinions on fact instead of repeated "wisdom," but I just can't help it.

D. said...

Heh. The world's Wormtongues can talk among themselves. I know they lie.