Friday, December 11, 2009

Fafblog is Not Alone

Shark-fu's dream of Rupert Murdoch's true self:
“I give you the information I think you should have the way I think you should have it. I give you conservative pundits and personalities all pre-programmed to maintain your fear and confusion so I can continue to dominate you – for this you should thank me.”
To paraphrase a line from North by Northwest, an awful lot of people are confronted with Rupert Murdoch and see only his money.  Back in 1976, however, he bought two New York newspapers: the New York Post, which up to that point (I know; hard to believe now) had been a liberal voice in the region, and the Village Voice, a weekly with a national readership and reputation which mostly reported on the local (to Greenwich Village primarily and secondarily to the rest of New York City) art scene and relevant national politics.  If you click that last link, you'll notice that Murdoch was unable to digest the Voice.  But he destroyed the Post as a newspaper.  If you hear a cry of "The Post is not a newspaper," that's me.  So yeah, I despise him.  In case you wondered.

No comments: