Sorry. Anyway. J. C. Hutchins at tor.com suggested two questions to move a story along, good. But Shark-fu gets to a deeper issue:
So, while the blessed few among us who are able to defeat our fear and experience creativity go about the bitness of making and eating sumptuous cakes, the rest of us eat crackers…all because we afraid to risk fucking a few cakes up before we get that shit right.(The talk she refers to is a video with subtitles one needs to turn on.)
Because society punishes the creative among us when they do fuck up…because deep down in the core of too many of us is a resentment toward those pretty ass cake making motherfuckers.
So, yes, I've been terrified of mistakes in writing for a while. But it's time to grab that back. Even if I have to do it in pieces.
Watch this space. (Not too closely, mind.)
(xposted to Dreamwidth journal)
2 comments:
I hope this means you will be writing more? :)
Heh. Yes. With sprinkles.
Post a Comment