Wednesday, October 21, 2009

We're a Political Blog

"We're coming to your town,
we'll help you party down,
we're a political blog!"

(Tune:  "We're an American Band," and I could probably further filk it if I felt like it, but my brain is lying on the floor and panting at me.)
  1. Via Mills River Liberal, this piece from Consortium News on "The Politics of the Public Option."  A sample:
    What the industry does want is a bill that forces nearly 50 million uninsured Americans, including healthy young people, to buy private insurance, many with government subsidies, a potential bonanza. The industry also wants the federal government to act as the enforcer to coerce these people by hitting them with stiff fines if they don’t sign up.

  2. Dr. Grumpy on the medical business and the warpage attendant thereupon:
    At a meeting to address these concerns the floor manager was asked why this problem kept occurring. She explained to us that her year-end bonus was based on how far under-budget the floor was, and that she needed to run the floor understaffed because she was trying to afford a down payment on a new car.

Any questions? (Besides why all this extra space has been inserted even though I've deleted blank lines 3 times already.)  ETA:  Fixed; thanks! to Daisy.

4 comments:

Daisy Deadhead said...

Try putting blockquote right next to the colon:< blockquote > w/no space, and then it will look like my blockquotes on my blog. Important: Don't skip any lines before or after < blockquote >

If that helps, or sounds like gibberish,..

D. said...

Huh. I had done that, but I also made the mistake of upgrading to the "improved" new post page, which probably means there are other glitches I haven't hit yet. (I've already stopped putting extra space around blockquotes.)

I wonder if ordered lists are also adding in extra lines. Ick.

D. said...

Yup.

Fixed.

Grumble.

D. said...

Also; Thanks! for the help!

(Not really raised by wolves; wolves have decent manners.)