If you don't hear the derision in those comments [a previously quoted exchange]... you aren't listening. And it's coming from allegedly liberal journalists pretending to have some direct conduit to a Real America that Democrats and "the left" just don't understand. You hear it over and over again. But these aren't liberals in any operational sense. They are wealthy, celebrity aristocrats donning "country garb" and pretending to be serfs at the harvest festival. [editorial interpolation mine]Second: This is approximately my 700th post here and I continue to find it fun to throw links onto the screen to see if they stick. It's the on-line equivalent of the long-lost and -forgotten spiral notebook at long-gone Labyris Books, originally for recommendations for books. (Sometimes I think of the whole blogosphere that way.) I mostly post political stuff here, when I post political stuff (it's important and it makes you want to tear out your hair and scream and retreat to Monty Python, am I right? Nudge nudge), and, for those new to this venue, baseball, music, and anything I feel like. Comments for the first ten days are open; after that they're moderated, so if you want to pick a fight with me about the Czech t-shirt? I check moderation once a day. Usually. If you comment and my response is laughter or "Yes, that's right," I will generally not write out a comment; comments are for your voices, all seven of you. I journal elsewhere, usually with different material. And that's enough about me.
Third: It has finally dawned on me that I really need to combine the Time Insensitive and Blog 'n' Roll, but don't want to have to do all that by-hand transfer. Also, I am very, very tired of "All the Single Ladies." If ya liked it, then ya shoulda put the Cone of Silence on it.
No comments:
Post a Comment