It seems CNN president Jon Klein got the network's researchers to contact Hawaii state authorities and get answers to the question about Obama’s birth certificate (apparently in 2001 the state of Hawaii went paperless). In an e-mail Klein instructed Dobbs staffers toSB also quotes from a letter from the Southern Poverty Law Center to the effect that Mr. Dobbs tends to inflate and exaggerate his data, when he has data.be sure to cite this during your segment tonite. And then it seems this story is dead - because anyone who still is not convinced doesn't really have a legitimate beef.
Thx
At which point Dobbs promptly ignored Klein’s request to drop it, ignored the evidence the researchers provided, and went on to question why Obama hasn't presented every crackpot in America with a copy of his birth certificate.
(I reinserted the Media Matters link, which was originally outside the bit I'm quoting.)
2 comments:
I haven't updated my post but Jon Klein has since publicly stated that Lou Dobbs' show is his show to do whatever he likes with and say whatever he wants (I saw it HuffPo but I don't have the link handy).
It will be interesting to see how all of this plays out.
Huh. I'd like to think that means "We're giving him lots and lots of rope," but somehow I doubt Mr. Klein's thinking that. [Innocent whistling.]
Post a Comment