It's interesting what sparks off a good essay and what said essay sparks off in turn. This piece by Maggie Jochild at Group News Blog starts with asthma and ends with the Muslim family forced off a flight, with a side trip to Hollywood in the '30s and '40s. (Of course, I can never get enough of that "La Marseillaise" scene from Casablanca.)
- In a comment on that article, BOHICA on the human condition.
- I haven't had any recent interesting run-ins with TSA folk. (There were a couple of times I got tickled, and I don't have to explain the metal in my arm because apparently it doesn't set off alarms anymore.) (I bet my next flight will be...fraught, let's say.) Back in 2005, though, Jen (of The News Blog) had an incident with them in Cleveland. (She brings it up in a comment on the same article.)
No comments:
Post a Comment