Monday, June 27, 2016

Note

Yes. I am behind on acknowledging obituaries.

Yes, I have seen the coverage on Brexit and elsewhere stated something rude about Planet of the Apes.  

No, I am not in mourning for either the Sharks or the Warriors; neither of them play sports I care much about.

No, I don't have enough on the Sacramento violence.  Although, remember, "right-wing" people (and their "left-wing" counterparts) like to stir up anger.  Historical precedents!

Yes, the Supreme Court ruled that Texas had overcurtailed abortion rights in that state.  Predictably, Texas legislators are whining.

And same-sex marriage has been legal in the entire country for a year and no one has reported gay shotgun weddings.  Where are my pearls?!  (CLUE:  It is a logical fallacy to assume that anything not forbidden is mandatory.)

2 comments:

Professor Chaos said...

Is the Sacramento riot/brawl/whatever getting news coverage out there? Because it doesn't seem to have gotten any notice nationally.

D. said...

I'm pretty sure the news people in the area reported it, but I'm not there right now. My sibling-in-law actually watches CNN, and I think it was mentioned once or twice. I haven't noticed any follow-up, though.