- Hullabaloo features an article by Gaius Publius, "Serena Williams, racism [and] the subjugation of women," with excerpts from a piece in The Nation. Gaius Publius says:
There's much that's scary to confront in an image like this, in behavior like this. Couple that with what's known about her greatness (the correct word for her athletic accomplishments; 21 grand slam victories is a near-unbreakable record), and even ignoring what's known about her politics — more below — this is a challenging woman.
I had heard she'd won her 21st Grand Slam; I missed the vilification, but then I don't poison my mind with right-wing data sources.
I would even say this: A very frightening woman for two groups, those who fear blacks (they are many) and those who fear woman (there are a great many more). In fact, this could almost be more about fearing and attacking a woman who happens to be black than it is fearing and attacking a black person who happens to be a woman.
- Satanist jiu-jitsu. Doing the rest of us a service. Article by Amanda Marcotte at AlterNet. Yes, I know.
- Southern Beale smacks a Tennessee legislator. (Ableist language used. Just so you know.)
"My hovercraft is full of eels." Political (Monty) Pythonist and baseball fanatic. Other matters as inappropriate.
Thursday, July 16, 2015
My Hat Has Superpowers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment