Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Pegging the Meter

Via Comrade Misfits:  Due to circumstances of politics and stuff, Ted Cruz has had to sign up for Obamacare (it's CNN and video plays at link):
Cruz denied that there was anything ironic about him going on Obamacare, saying he was simply following the law.

"I believe we should follow the text of every law, even laws I disagree with," Cruz told CNN. "It's one of the real differences -- if you look at President Obama and the lawlessness, if he disagrees with a law he simply refuses to follow it or claims the authority to unilaterally change."

After the publication of this story, Cruz advisers said there was nothing unusual about the senator signing up for insurance coverage through his employer. They argued that Obamacare has wiped out the individual market, leaving Cruz with few options.

Cruz said he will continue advocating for repealing the law.
Andy Borowitz has too much fun with this news.

2 comments:

D. said...

I'm going to let this one stand because the anonymous commenter at least seems to have glanced at the rest of the blog, but apparently the attraction is the word "Pegging," and if I had remembered that it is also a term for a sexual practice, I would have titled it something else. I may yet.

Meanwhile, "right"-wingers are trying to kill this country. Don't let 'em.

D. said...

Nope.