- Johnny: San Diego, the Cubs, Cincinnati, Atlanta, Miami, the Mets, and Philadelphia have joined the previously eliminated National League teams. Washington has won the division (which means they'll punk out in the playoffs). Baltimore has won the equivalent division in the American League (yes, that means the Yankees were eliminated, and yes, I'm sad about Derek Jeter) over Toronto and Tampa Bay (Boston, Céspedes notwithstanding, having bitten the dust earlier). Minnesota, the White Sox, and Seattle also go home early. Meanwhile, the Wild Card stats are firming up.
- The Moondogs: Miss America interned for Planned Parenthood. (Salon, via AlterNet.) The "conservative" press is shocked! Shocked! to discover she worked there for three! months! The pearl-clutchers would be even more horrified to learn that plenty of Miss Americas were pro-choice for women. As it happens, I have a spare strand of pearls, but I will not be loaning it to conservatives; I might not get it back.
"My hovercraft is full of eels." Political (Monty) Pythonist and baseball fanatic. Other matters as inappropriate.
Wednesday, September 17, 2014
Johnny and The Moondogs
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment