Tuesday, June 11, 2013

You Have No Privacy

  • Via the sidebar at Making Light:  "You commit three felonies a day."  (I'm a bit behind, but I was late to church this morning, and yesterday, I aborted a survey which claimed to be a quiz, but somehow all the questions were on personal details.  Uh-huh.  So I guess I'll have to find a Floridian porn website for dolphins, which is probably crossing state lines for immoral porpoises.)
  • Pecunium on:
    • the dangers of metadata
    • the threat posed to the populace
      This shit matters because the slope to which it leads is serious, and steep. The laws we have are what protect us from each other, and from the basest aspects of our darker natures. Few of us would refrain from doing what we have to do to protect ourselves, and fear of those things against which there is no protection is a powerful appeal to the base natures of our little lizard brain.
  • From ProPublica, via AlterNet:  What we don't know about NSA surveillance.  The word "unclear" appears a number of times.
Do we love Big Brother yet?

No comments: