Friday, March 16, 2012

Well, I Guess I'm Cranky

  • Terrance (Republic of T) on Romney's delegate trouble and what it may portend.
    Conservative columnist Michael Medved believes it doesn’t have to be this way. With GIngrich and Ron Paul out of the way by November, he says that no matter who gets the nomination — Romney or Santorum — should stop using the moderate as “a curse word,” so as not so scare away what moderates and independents haven’t quite made it to the exits — yet. Has he listened to these guys lately? Has he listened to Romney? Has he listened to Santorum? Not gonna happen, Mike.
  • The only time airline deregulation was useful to me was during the days of People Express.  Otherwise the end result of losing the Civil Aeronautics Board has been that air travel has become worse, and not just because of the terrorists.  Via Just An Earth-Bound Misfit, I, who also makes a sharp point about corporations.
  • Angry Black Bitch crafts a retort to conservative "logic."
    I woke up this morning pondering this shit…only to arrive at the conclusion that these battles are so draining because it takes a lot of energy to process illogical shit when you start out assuming there’s some logic behind it.

    Think about it – how often have you heard some conservative statement and tried to figure out how the asshole saying it even got there only to find your Afro hurting by the time you come to the conclusion that he or she must have pulled that bizarreness out of their ass?
  • Two dates for the recall election of Gov. S. Walker of Wisconsin have been approved. (Via Southern Beale.)
  • Well, we didn't need those nasty birds anyway.  (Well, I don't need Scotts Miracle Gro, either.  Deal.)
  • The problems with that study showing that red meat is Bad For You. (Via Shakesville.)
  • Conflicted conservative on war with Iran.
    Let's face it, when it comes to matters of war and peace, trusting what our own government tells us has been a reliable way to be wrong. The border crossing of the Mexican-American war. The Gulf of Tonkin incident. WMD in Iraq. Our government has been found to be dishonest or incompetent too many times for us to just assume that, of course, Iran must be developing a nuclear weapon and they must be as close to achieving it as our intelligence services say.
  • It is a Law of the Universe that >2 people cannot agree on pizza toppings (which is not to say they won't compromise).

3 comments:

Daisy Deadhead said...

You had me at PEOPLE'S EXPRESS! Although I once sat on a runway for almost three hours because of them... and pregnant too!

As for ABB's statement: And here I thought it was just me. ;)

D. said...

I seem to have been the only person who had no trouble with People Express once I got them on the phone. In fact, I once flew to Ohio with my father, and it was probably the best post-'78 flight we had. My sister, who flew them Boston-Newark on standby, is the one with the horror stories (if she remembers them after all this time).

D. said...

Also, I'm sorry that happened. *ducks*