Saturday, January 14, 2012

Eavesdropping May Be Hazardous To Your Health

In the interest of sanding off the serial numbers, I will say I was standing in line somewhere.  The guy ahead of me was talking to someone next to but not actually in line.

I try not to listen to the conversations of others.  I am a city person--an urbanite, if you will--and jumping into or acknowledging an overheard conversation is considered rude.  And so I tuned out the fellow in front until he said something...off...and followed up with something so Out of Reality that my eyeballs rolled to the back of my head and almost got stuck.

The other man managed to bring the talk to politics, and they mostly sounded normal (well, normal for here; they'd have sounded like raving radicals in Texas).  But, you know, I blame this culture-of-vomit-every-thought sort of thing on the sort of forum that never bothers to correct anyone or mention that something is seriously weird and illogical.

No comments: