- Once in a while people have mentioned Zappadan, but I never managed to run across anything else.
(I know perfectly well who Frank Zappa was; I was introduced to his music by the same person who took me to the Christmas tree lighting at Rockefeller Center back in 1967 (hi, Susan!) and further indoctrinated by WFMU in the early '70s. "Hungry freaks, daddy!" So there.)
Via driftglass, the Mock, Paper, Scissors celebration of Zappadan, as far back as they go. (Others go back further.) - Pearl Harbor, unsaintly behavior, and Mahler.
- Derek Boogaard was what is called an "enforcer" in hockey and was apparently subjected to a lot of blows to the head. The New York Times did a feature story on Mr. Boogaard and his injuries and the state of his brain. And drugs.
- Mumia Abu-Jamal will not be put to death.
"My hovercraft is full of eels." Political (Monty) Pythonist and baseball fanatic. Other matters as inappropriate.
Wednesday, December 7, 2011
Random News Artifacts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment