Where was I? Oh. Jill, at Brilliant at Breakfast, puts it in a nutshell and then knocks it out of the park:
I'd like to believe that over the next two years, Democrats will hammer over and over again that this is what Republican governance looks like -- feed the rich and starve everyone and everything else. There is no penny spent on anything that might do people some good here and around the world that won't be fought, and no tens of billions of dollars shoveled into the pockets of people who already have five houses, ten cars, and fifteen Cayman bank accounts, that's too much to spend.You see any small government in there? I'm not seeing any small government there at all.
This is Republican doctrine, folks. This is what they ran on. Republican doctrine is about taking care of the people who give Republican legislators the money -- and no one else. Not even the 9/11 responders they're telling to fuck off and die -- quickly.
1 comment:
I don't mean to quibble, but I find Jill pretty incomparable.
This is a great post. I'm glad you highlighted it because this needs to be repeated over and over. Boiled down perhaps so that the soundbiters can understand it, but repeated nonetheless.
Post a Comment